The versatility of peanuts spans all eating occasions, from the books to the bar.
These are absolutely nuts!
Though optional, we recommend adding toasted sesame powder (or just sesame seeds) to cut through the sweetness. Be warned: it’s incredibly addictive. Trade your popcorn for it—or better yet, eat it together—and thank us after it gets you through a one (or two) seasons of your next show.
Honey Butter Candied Peanuts
- Serves: 3 people
- Active time: 30 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 cups raw peanuts
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame powder (optional)
- In a large pot over high heat, add honey and sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add peanuts and stir continuously until peanuts are coated.
- Cook mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar begins to crystallize around the peanuts.
- After this stage, the sugar should melt back down, then remove peanuts from heat and stir in butter.
- Remove peanuts from pan and transfer onto a lined baking sheet.
- Spread out the peanuts into an even layer and let cool completely.
- Break peanuts apart and toss in sesame powder, if desired, before serving.